Emily Vaartstra | Crumbs
This is also known as Mexican wedding cookies. This recipe has been used in my family for as long as I can remember and has always been the biggest hit during the holidays.
Around Christmas time, there is always a cooking frenzy of baked goods and lots of delicious cookies—make sure this cookie is put into the mix. You’ll be wishing you had the recipe years ago.
- 2 cups flour
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1 cup butter
- 1 cup finely chopped pecans or walnuts
- Preheat the oven at 350 degree F.
- Combine flour, salt and sugar in a small bowl.
- Cream the butter in a mixing bowl, add vanilla, and then add the flour mixture and nuts.
- Roll into 1 inch balls on a baking sheet.
- Bake for about 20 minutes.
- After the cookies are cooled, roll in icing sugar.
Emily Vaartstra can be reached at firstname.lastname@example.org