Nurainy Darono | Crumbs
The classic, hot risotto is my favorite dish because it overcomes my hunger in winter nights. The tricks of making risotto are stirring frequently and adding water as needed while cooking the rice. This recipe is fairly simple and adjustable. You can add mushroom and onions, or even substitute chicken for shrimp.
- 1 lb chicken, cut into little pieces
- Carrot, thinly sliced
- ½ cup corn
- 1 ½ cup rice
- ½ cup parmesan cheese
- 3 cups water
- 2 cloves garlic, chopped
- Oil for cooking
- Salt and pepper for taste
- Chicken bullion, powder
- 1 tablespoon parsley leaves (more or less as desired)
- In a pot, fry garlic until brown.
- Add chicken, then carrot to the pot.
- Add rice and 2 cups water, stir frequently for 5 minutes.
- Cover with a lid for about 5 minutes.
- Add salt, pepper and chicken bullion. Taste it as you are stirring, and add more seasoning as desired.
- Add corn, parsley and cheese, then stir for 5 minutes.
- Add 1 cup of water, as the rice absorbs the water. Cover for 5 minutes.
- Stir frequently and try if the rice is cooked . Stir for another few minutes if it’s not completely cooked.
- When the rice is cooked, serve hot for three people.
Nurainy Darono can be reached at firstname.lastname@example.org