Aleya Ericson | Crumbs
I love cheesecake and this recipe is my favorite. Cheesecake is a lot easier to make then people think and this recipe produced a delicious Thanksgiving dessert. Plus, this recipe saves a trip to the Cheesecake Factory.
- 2 cups Oreo crumbs
- 6 tablespoons unsalted butter, melted
- 14 ounces individually wrapped caramels, unwrapped
- 1 can (5 ounce) evaporated milk
- 1 cup chopped pecans
- 3 packages of 8 ounce cream cheese
- 1/2 cup white sugar
- 1 1/2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 2 eggs
- 1/2 cup semisweet chocolate chips, melted
- Preheat oven to 350 degree F.
- Butter a 9-inch springform pan.
- Toast pecans in the oven for 6 minutes, remove and set aside. Leave oven at 350 degrees F.
- Combine Oreo crumbs with the melted butter, then press evenly into the bottom of the pan.
- Place the pan onto a cookie sheet and bake for 10 minutes. Let it cool.
- In a large bowl, melt the caramels in the evaporated milk in the microwave. Stir until smooth. Save some of the mixture to sprinkle over the finished cake.
- Pour caramel mixture over the cooled crust. Sprinkle some pecans over the top, though save some to sprinkle over the finished cake.
- In another bowl, combine cheese, sugar and vanilla and beat until smooth. Add eggs one at a time and beat until smooth. Pour 3/4 of the batter over the caramel layer.
- Add melted chocolate chips to the remaining cheese mixture. Swirl it over the caramel layer.
- Drizzle melted caramel mixture and sprinkle pecans over the cake.
- Bake for 40 minutes or until barely set. Chill overnight in the refrigerator.
- Drizzle melted chocolate over the cake before serving.
Aleya Ericson can be reached at firstname.lastname@example.org.