Chin-Lun Hsu | Crumbs
Soup is an essential dish for cold weather in October. I’m not really into eating spicy food but kimchi soup isn’t that spicy. It may sound hard to make this but it’s not. The most important ingredient is kimchi, and for the rest, I add whatever I like in the soup, like pork ribs, radish, and carrots. The flavor is also adjustable, if you want the soup to be more sour and spicy, add more kimchi or hot sauce. This recipe goes well with rice or noodles so make it however you want it to be.
- 2 radishes, cut into cubes
- 3 carrots, cut into cubes
- 1 package of pork ribs
- 1 1/2 jars of kimchi
- Salt and hot sauce for taste
1. In a pan, cook the pork ribs until they turn white.
2. Divide the broth to another big pan.
3. Stew kimchi in a pan with pork ribs.
4. Cut radishes and carrots into cubes.
5. Cook them in the pan with broth.
6. Cover both pans with lids, cook in medium heat for about 20 minutes.
7. Move kimichi to the broth pan, add salt as desired.
8. Cover the pan, cook until vegetables are cooked.
9. Serve with white rice or noodles.