Lucy Cooper | crumbs guest writer
I thought this recipe might be interested for Vandals to make because it’s nice, cheap, tasty meal to have for those freezing Idaho nights. This recipes serves one portion, so it’s easily modified to suit one’s tastes. Multiple the ingredients for more portions.
- 1/3 cup long grain white rice
- Salt for taste
- 1/4 onion, diced
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 teaspoon chili flakes (as many or as few as preferred)
- 1/3 sachet of favorite fajita spice mix
- Vegetable oil of any sort
- 1/3 jar tomato pasta sauce
- 1/3 cup peas (or any other frozen vegetables)
- In a small saucepan, cover rice and salt with 1 cup of water in a medium high heat to boil. Wait for about 12-15 minutes for rice to cook
- While waiting, in a medium heat, fry onion, garlic, chili and spices until they’re cooked or until the onions are brown.
- Drain and rinse the rice after it’s completely cooked.
- Add rice to the other pan.
- Stir in pasta sauce, add peas or other vegetables.
- Fry until the rice grains begins to separate and the vegetables are cooked.