Emily Vaartstra | Crumbs
The perfect marriage of all sweet treats is chocolate and peanut butter. So what can be better than two fun and delicious snacks that have both those ingredients? These are two common recipes that are simple to make, and you don’t even have to turn on the oven. Not only are they great for snacking on after a long day of classes, but they are the perfect munchies to pull out when entertaining guests.
- 9 cups Rice Chex cereal
- 1 cup semisweet chocolate chips
- 1/2 cup peanut butter
- 1/4 cup butter or margarine
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 1/2 cups powdered sugar
- In a large bowl, measure the cereal and set it aside.
- In another bowl, microwave the chocolate chips, peanut butter and butter uncovered for 1 minute then stir. Microwave 30 seconds longer or until mixture can be stirred smooth.
- Stir in the vanilla then pour the mixture over the cereal, stirring until evenly coated.
- Pour into 2-gallon resealable plastic bag.
- Add powdered sugar and seal the bag. Shake the mixture until well coated and pour it back into the large bowl to enjoy.
- 2 cups sugar
- 4 tablespoons cocoa
- 1 stick butter
- 1/2 cup milk
- 1 cup peanut butter
- 1 tablespoon vanilla
- 3 cups oatmeal
- Waxed paper
- In a saucepan, bring the sugar, cocoa, butter and milk to a boil.
- Let boil for 1 minute then add peanut butter, vanilla and oatmeal.
- On a sheet of waxed paper, drop mixture by the teaspoonfuls, and refrigerate until cooled and hardened.