Nutella makes everything better. These cookies are delicious but very rich and messy to make. Eat sparingly and gather some minions to help put these together.
- 2 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 1/4 teaspoons baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon of salt
- 2 sticks (1 cup) unsalted butter
- 1 1/4 cup packed dark brown sugar
- 1/4 cup granulated sugar
- 1 large egg plus 1 egg yolk
- 1 1/2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1 tablespoon plain greek yogurt
- 3/4 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 1/2 cup milk chocolate chips
- 1/2 cup dark chocolate chips
- 1 jar of Nutella, chilled in refrigerator
- Coarse sea salt for sprinkling
- Whisk together the flour, baking soda and salt in a bowl and set aside.
- Melt butter in a saucepan over medium heat. Make sure you whisk consistently during this process. For those who haven’t browned butter before, it will turn brown so keep waiting until it does. Then remove from heat and transfer to a bowl.
- Mix together the butter and sugars until thoroughly blended. Beat in the egg, yolk, vanilla and yogurt. Add the dry ingredients and gently fold in the chocolate chips.
- Chill the dough for 2 hours in the refrigerator.
- Once chilled, roll dough into individual balls.
- Smush each into a bowl shape and place about 1 teaspoon of Nutella in the center. Close dough around the Nutella. This part is where extra minions come in handy. It’s messy and time consuming.
- Once all dough is balled, bake at 350 degrees for 9 to 11 minutes.