For Valentine’s Day there are millions of ways to say, “I love you,” but none stack up to food. Get ready to blow the mind of your Valentine with a food-made gift. They’re likely to stick around after this … at least until their food supply diminishes.
1. Place a tag on a container or bag of nuts and write, “I’m nuts about you.”
2. Cut paper to fit around a can of olives. Write “OLIVE you.”
3. Write “I wouldn’t chews anyone but you,” on a pack of gum.
4. Give someone their favorite kind of apple with a note that reads, “You are the apple of my eye.
5. Write “We were mint to be together,” on the bottom of a mint tin.
6. With a ribbon and a tag, fashion a quote to a bunch of bananas that reads, “I’m bananas for you.”
7. Write “Life would be unBEARable without you,” on a package of gummy bears.
8. Wrap a box full of Lucky Charms cereal and draw a heart with a note that says, “You are my lucky charm.”
9. To a box of Sweet Tarts candy, attach a note that reads, “You are my SweetTart.”
10. Throw some Smarties candy in a box, tape it up and write the saying, “You are such a ‘Smartie’ for choosing me.”
Lindsey Treffry can be reached at arg-art.uidaho.edu