Brita Olson | Crumbs
Tired of oatmeal, cream of wheat, or grits? Here’s a new spin on hot breakfast cereal. Warm and sustaining throughout the morning, breakfast quinoa is a great way to start the day.
- 1/2 cup rinsed quinoa
- 1 cup milk
- 1/4 cup frozen blueberries
- 1/8 teaspoon cinnamon
- 2 teaspoons white sugar
- 1 sliced banana
- Bring milk to a boil.
- Add quinoa and simmer for 8-10 minutes.
- Add blueberries, cinnamon and sugar.
- Continue cooking until quinoa is tender.
- Remove from heat, cool for a few minutes, add sliced banana and enjoy.
- This also works well with leftover quinoa. I will cook up a pot of quinoa (2 cups quinoa in 4 cups water) the night before. In the morning, I microwave the quinoa with a little milk and then add the other goodies for flavor.