University of Idaho Student Media (The Argonaut, Blot Magazine, KUOI-FM, Student Media Advertising) serves as a focal point for student life among UI students by providing important forums for the exchange of ideas and opinions, information about events, and news of general interest about the campus, region, nation and world.
It is the mission of Student Media and Student Media Board to protect students’ First Amendment rights by upholding the following objectives:
- To ensure Student Media is free from censorship, including no advanced approval of copy in order to exercise their choice to express unpopular opinions or to agree with majority views.
- To enhance students’ education through training and practical experience in media methods, management, ethics, responsibilities and community service.
- To provide media access to individual students, student organizations and the community by providing forums for expression of news, opinion and general information.
- To furnish state-of-the-art facilities and training in an environment that encourages students to aspire to excellence, facilitate their creativity, and promote their development as productive and accountable members of our society.
- To encourage airing and resolution of Student Media-related grievances
A PDF of the complete Student Media Board bylaws is available here.
The next Student Media Board meeting is 4:45-6:15 p.m. Tuesday, Feb. 13, in the Chiefs Room of the Bruce Pitman Center.