Know your candidates

Allie Fuller
Major: Child studies and family relations-family life

Year in school: Sophomore

Hometown: Walnut Creek, Calif.

Living group: Delta Gamma

Activities and involvement: Current ASUI senator, Student Alumni Relations Board, Phi Eta Sigma honors society

Platform: I would like to make ASUI more visible on campus and in the community at large. If elected, I would constructively represent the opinions of the students. Furthermore, I would spread fiscal awareness and include student opinion in facing financial issues.

Andi Scanlan
Major: International studies and Spanish

Year in school: Junior

Hometown: Boise, Idaho

Living group: Delta Gamma

Activities and involvement: President of Delta Gamma, Model UN delegate, studied abroad in Argentina through UI’s International Programs Office

Platform: If elected to ASUI Senate, I hope to increase the visibility of ASUI on campus and facilitate greater integration between the university and the community. I would focus on coming to a better understanding of student interests and making sure they are reflected in the decisions made by ASUI and the university.

Brady Fuller
Major: Microbiology

Year in school: Freshman

Hometown: Meridian, Idaho

Living group: Phi Delta Theta

Platform: My goal in ASUI is to use the diversity on this campus to help unify us. Whether you live in the residence halls or Greek life, we are all a part of this Vandal family. As your senator, I will bring all I have to this flagship university.

Caroline Lincoln
Major: Public Relations

Year in school: Freshman

Hometown: Meridian, Idaho

Living group: Alpha Phi

Platform: I hope to implement the experience I’ve attained from serving my hometown of Meridian, Idaho into improving our campus environment here at the University of Idaho. In being a new member of Alpha Phi sorority (that previously lived in Wallace), I’ve come to understand and respect both sides of the Vandal community.

Chris Schrette
Major: Political Science

Year in school: Sophomore

Hometown: Lewiston, Idaho

Living group: Beta Theta Pi

Activities and involvement: IFC President and Davis Student Investment Group

Platform: Greetings Vandals, as the current president of the Interfraternity Counsel I wish to provide a unique connection between ASUI and the Greek community for the benefit of all students. As a senator, I would be an effective communicator and represent students objectively.

Dan Masterson
Major: Entrepreneurship

Year in school: Freshman

Hometown: St. Maries, Idaho

Living group: Delta Chi

Platform: My name is Dan Masterson and I’m running for the senator position. If elected, I’ll get ASUI to be more active. I was ASB president at my high school, and I am not afraid to fight for every student’s U of I experience to be the best it can be.

Hallé Smith
Major: Business Management and Finance

Hometown: Boise, Idaho

Living group: Gamma Phi Beta, President

Activities and involvement: Current ASUI Recreation Board Chair, spring 2012 ASB team leader, participant in many intramurals

Platform: As a current ASUI member, I have had the chance to serve the student body and have developed the knowledge, skills and abilities necessary to implement positive changes on our campus. If given the opportunity, I will devote my time and effort to improving student life here at the UI.

Hannah Sandoval
Major: International studies

Year in school: Freshman

Hometown: Boise, Idaho

Living group: Delta Gamma

Activities and involvement: Delta Gamma apparel chair, SArb, Junior Panhellenic

Platform: As a senator I would develop a strong connection amongst the university’s student body so as to strengthen the line of communication within the senate and voice the students input. I believe it is crucial for every student to stay informed and aware of the events on campus.

Kam Lars Domber
Major: Chemical Engineering

Year in school: Freshman

Hometown: Caldwell, Idaho

Living group: Wallace Residence Center, Stevenson Wing, Borah Hall

Activities and involvement: I am currently the hall president for Borah Hall.

Platform: Hello. My name is Kam Domber. As a hall president I get to see a fraction of what ASUI is and what they do, but I could see that lots of people didn’t know what ASUI does. My goal is to build a stronger understanding of ASUI among its constituents.

Jonathan Wakeman
Major: Philosophy

Year in school: Sophomore

Hometown: Boise, Idaho

Living group: Sigma Alpha Epsilon

Platform: ASUI Senate would be the ideal use of my skills. I have always had a passion for instilling positive change in the people and environment around me. With strong confidence in leadership and social communication, I am eager to challenge my abilities and create a brighter future for Idaho.

Michael Cullen
Major: Advertising/English

Year in school: Sophomore

Hometown: Boise, Idaho

Living group: Sigma Alpha Epsilon

Activities and involvement: SArb, Ad Club, Intramural Referee

Platform: I want to become an ASUI senator to maximize my involvement on campus and become a part of the legacy of leadership the University of Idaho is known for. I see ASUI Senate as a vehicle for my ambition and contagious enthusiasm.

Sadie Grossbaum
Major: Biochemistry

Year in school: Freshman

Hometown: Ketchum, Idaho

Living group: Uphum LLC

Platform: I am running for ASUI Senate because I want to be a representative of the student body in the allocation of money derived from student fees. I care about events around campus, clubs and recourses for students. I want to help students see the importance of ASUI and be a part of helping them use it.

Sara Spritzer
Major: Biology

Year in school: Freshman

Hometown: Denver, Colo.

Living group: Kappa Alpha Theta

Platform: I would love to represent the students of the University of Idaho. Making the education experience, altogether, more enjoyable and positive is my top priority. I would be a great voice for the students and represent our university well. Good decisions and positive outcomes are my main concern.

Shelby Donald
Major: Public Relations

Year in school: Freshman

Hometown: Lone Tree, Colo.

Living group: Delta Gamma Fraternity

Activities and involvement: Alternative Service Break Participant, Campus Crusade for Christ Member, VandalSNOW Ski and Board Club

Platform: In ASUI I plan to represent the students’ voices to my full ability. I view senators should be an approachable and accessible outlet for students. I want to keep students constantly updated on where their money is spent and how to take full advantage of resources our university provides.

Steven Cleppe
Major: Political Science/Military Science

Year in school: Freshman

Hometown: Shoreline, Wash.

Living group: Beta Theta Pi

Activities and involvement: Army ROTC

Platform: I am running for the ASUI Senate because I would like to represent the University of Idaho student body. If elected, I would work to make the senate more interactive with the students by getting regular feedback about what issues are the most and least important.

Tyler Bunderson
Major: Finance

Year in school: Sophomore

Hometown: Boise, Idaho

Living group: Beta Theta Pi

Activities and involvement: Vandal Solutions and Intramural’s

Platform: Hello Vandals, I am running for ASUI Senate because I see the position as an opportunity to give back to the University. As a Senator, I would like to represent students in an accurate, professional manner–seeking to accomplish the goals of the University along with the goals of students.

President and Vice Presidents
Zack Goytowski and Bethany Lowe

Zack Goytowski
Major: Sociology

Year in school: Senior

Hometown: Post-Falls, Idaho

Living group: FIJI

Activities and involvement: ASUI Senator for a third term, Brazilian Jui-Jitsu, eating steak and lobster, country swing, World Vision ACTS and Vandal Volunteers club president.

Platform: Did you know that you paid 50k for ASUI furniture? If not, your voice is not being represented by ASUI. We will take surveys for any major spending of student funds. From your opinion we will formulate transparent financial goals. Let’s have real democratic policy reflect the student voice.

Bethany Lowe
Major: Anthropology, International Studies

Year in school: Junior

Hometown: Oakura, New Zealand

Living group: Homo sapiens

Activities and involvement: Traveling, skydiving with my rainbow striped parachute, UI Sustainability Center recycling Coordinator, Smiling at strangers, Community based/NGO work, Western Africa.

Platform:  Did you know that you paid 50k for ASUI furniture? If not, your voice is not being represented by ASUI. We will take surveys for any major spending of student funds. From your opinion we will formulate transparent financial goals. Let’s have real democratic policy reflect the student voice.

Hannah Davis and Nick Tunison

Hannah Davis
Major: International Studies, Political Science, and History

Year in school: sophomore

Hometown: Boise, Idaho

Living group: Delta Gamma

Activities and involvement: ASUI Senate, SArb, Panhellenic and I work as Lifeguard at the University of Idaho Swim Center

Platform: When elected ASUI President I will ensure that ASUI fulfills the academic, extracurricular, and social needs of undergraduate Vandals. I will achieve this goal by making ASUI’s actions more transparent, ensuring student safety, and representing student’s interests to the university administration and the state of Idaho.

Nick Tunison
Major: Business Finance/Accounting

Year in school: Junior

Hometown: Boise, Idaho

Living group: Beta Theta Pi

Activities and involvement: ASUI, Davis Investment Group, IFC, Vandalizers

Platform: I believe that ASUI should represent all undergraduates, and as Vice-President I will ensure that Senate listens to students both on and off campus. Additionally, University committees are the most important way student can voice their opinions. I will ensure that we as vandals are heard on these committees.

Nick Miller and Jenai Jasper

Nick Miller
Major: Political Science

Year in school: Junior

Hometown: Pocatello, Idaho

Living group: Delta Chi

Activities and involvement: Former ASUI board chairman, National Society of Collegiate Scholars member, Delta Chi former Treasurer (Spring 2011-Fall2011) and current President.

Platform: Our motivation is to significantly improve ASUI, not to maintain current status quo. We’re leaders who relate to the student body, aiming to effectively represent and interact with students. Our goals include increasing transparency of university information to the student population, inspiring leadership, encouraging social responsibility, and strengthening campus safety.

Jenai Nicole Jasper
Major: Business Finance, Marketing, and Accounting

Year in school: Junior

Hometown: Lewiston, Idaho

Living group: Alpha Phi

Activities and involvement: BAP initiate, ASB volunteer, Alpha Phi Director of Finance (Spring 2010-Fall 2011).

1 reply

1. RadioSite

magnificent points altogether, you just won a new reader. What would you recommend about your put up that you made a few days in the past? Any positive?